Monday, July 29, 2013

Nerds of the world UNITE!

As some of you may know I have registered for a charity campaign called Drop Zone here in beautiful Winnipeg, Manitoba. This campaign is to raise money for Easter Seals Canada. Easter Seals uses the funds to help out and support the more than 47, 000 Manitobans living with disabilities.


Now, why is it called the Drop Zone? Because if I am able to raise the $1500 for the campaign I will get to rappel 17 stories down the side of the RBC building in downtown Winnipeg!

At the time of writing this post I am at $1045. I need your help to reach my goal! 
The Drop Zone has a super hero theme, but there's no way I'm dressing up in tights. I've decided to go as John McCain from Die Hard 1, bare feet and everything!

Can you tell the difference? I can't tell the difference.

 There's also a draw (for participants who make the goal) for a free rail trip courtesy of VIA Rail. If I should win this trip I promise to use it for Nerding (Will spread 40kegger to the East or West coast!)

So common, help a fellow nerd out! Click this link to help out! MMMmmm TAX WRITE OFF!

Also, every time you pledge God kills an Eldar fairy.



2 comments:

  1. you should hold a charity event for it. Maybe a 40k Apocalypse game with an entry fee or something of the sort. I know i would chip in if i could woop your but in a battle royal!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you say that. 2 weeks ago I did hold an apocalypse game. I sold special cash "Upgrades" for warlords. Got about $50.
    http://40kegger.blogspot.ca/2013/07/july-20th-was-nerdpocalypse.html

    ReplyDelete