Saturday, May 18, 2013

Go Tau yourself, you Tauing Tauhole

God, I am just not into painting my new/old Tau. I feel like I am cheating on my Salamanders. Because of this, a few of us have started an "unofficial slow grow challenge" in the forums. I've got a bit of work displayed HERE in there forum. But this is what I've been up to since that in the past week or so.

Got the big boy base coated

Reaper triad for my dark red bits

2 Hammerheads and a Devilfish

Trying out some energy effects. Not too sure I like it.

Tried to be fancy with the airbrush, a stencil and some Minitaire Ghost Tints

Still getting used to spraying fine lines with the airbrush

My 1st squad of Fire Warriors

Some of 'em became waramps while I was busting them off of their bases

This bunch has the first base coat on their armour

The Sargent standing on a Drone stuck in the mud.

This is roughly what they'll look like when they're done.

My whole army will have fancy matching bases

That look something like this

Using these fine materials!
 So, the look I'm going for with my Tau is kind of the opposite that you normally see. They're going to be dirty and gritty, and dusty and muddy as apposed to the crisp sharp new look that many Tau armies have.
My army is going to be the IG of the Tau Empire. Dumped on a shitty planet and forced to fight a long, tiring, dirty war without reinforcements. Back story to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment